St. Catherine’s is dedicated to providing its youth with a vibrant and evangelizing community life that will empower teens to serve others and become leaders and advocates of their Catholic faith. Youth Ministry activities are often split into Junior High and Senior High students in order to target specific developmental needs. Youth Ministry understands that human development and growth in faith is a life long journey and therefore supports St. Catherine’s intergenerational catechests. Generations of Faith. Youth Ministry recognized that the family has the primary responsibility for faith formation of young people and that St. Catherine’s shares in it. The success of St. Catherine’s Youth Ministry is dependent upon the active involvement of adult parishioners and confirmed young adults. If you enjoy working with youth and would like to make a positive difference in their lives,please consider joining the Youth Ministry Team.
Permission Form for trips and off-site events
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Youth Mission Trips –for more information on our Youth Mission Trip offerings,please see the following link:
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Teen Game Night
- next game night will be in 2011
- When: Wednesday evenings,7:00pm –8:15pm –First and third Wednesdays of the month,beginning Oct 09.
- Where: St Catherine Parish Center,107 North Main St –Enter through the side door at parish hall (West St parking lot) and go downstairs.
- Who: 7th and 8th graders –Bring your friends. Come once or come often. “Drop-in”when ever you can!
- What: A time to share faith,fun and friendship. Each week we will focus on a specific theme from our faith. There will be social time,a variety of activities,prayer and scripture. We will help connect what is happening in our lives to our faith and vice-versa. Participants will have input on the topics selected. There will be both adult and youth peer leaders.
- How: No pre-registration necessary! All you have to do is complete an emergency contact lip at your first visit.
- What’s it gonna cost me? NOTHING!
- Questions:contact Nicole Leonard at address at bottom of page,or contact Diahne Goodwin at stcatherineparish.org
Youth –Peer Leadership:
As a peer leader,youth entering grades 10-12 will name and claim their gifts and the figts of others while developing their planning,negotiation,communication,listening and decision making skills in a setting with their peers. Within this context,youth will identify the needs of their peers to propose and plan youth ministry events and opportunities.
Youth “creative arts”:
Are you a singer? Do you play an instrument? Like to dance? We are looking for YOU! Crank up the volume on the youth choir! Raise the roof with your musical talents! WOW our parishioners with liturgical dance! Volunteer to use your talents and see how your worship experience changes!
As an adult leader willing to assist in planning the calendar,recruiting the participants leading events,creating props,sending out emails,creating mailing lists and/or other necessary leadership tasks,you will serve in a vital role for helping youth ministry flourish in our parish. The time commitment is flexible,a monthly committee meeting will be established to create community and provide opportunities for growth. Adult leaders are needed to focus on Middle School ministry and High School ministry.
To contact our youth ministers:Nicole and Mike Leonard –nicolel at stcatherineparish.org