The Westford Museum & Historical Society
|6245 items in the catalog
|2239 people visited the Museum in 2011
|36 windows on the Museum
|4 computers in the cottage
The Westford Museum is located near
the historic town Common at 2 Boston Road in Westford,
Massachusetts. The office is at 4 Boston Road. The
Museum houses a wonderful collection of artifacts
typical of small towns. If your interest is genealogy,
be sure and contact us as we have excellent materials
covering many old Westford families. And if
old Westford houses interest you we have house histories
as well. We also have an almost complete collection
of Westford Academy yearbooks, many photographs of
students and teachers, and other academy memorabilia.
If you are looking for a gift that is uniquely Westford,
be sure and check our Museum
Before you visit, double-check the Museum
Calendar as there are a few holiday Sundays when
we are closed. If you're doing research don't
hesitate to send an e-mail or call ahead so we can prepare
for your visit. We look forward to meeting you.
Search the Westford Historical Society's collections
Development Director Job Opening
2014-2015 Theme: Celebration of Parker Village and Beyond;
A Celebration of the People and Places of the Village both Past to Present.
During the year WHS and Museum will be offering different Parker Village exhibits, lectures, events and a self-guided Tour of the Parker Village area in the spring. The celebration will include the surrounding area including the 4 H Grounds, Nashoba Ski Area and Kimball Farms. Some of the many programs/events include:
- The WHS will be kicking off the celebration of the Parker Village area on Sunday, September 21 at the Museum with an opening exhibit including Parker Village pictures and the 75th Anniversary of Kimball Farm from the beginning to the present. As part of the celebration – come see the Kimball Trolley and have your picture taken with it; see the Kimball plastic cow and enjoy the Kimball Ice Cream Social (donated by Kimball Farm). FREE
- October 21, 7 pm – David Brody presentation on new Book – • October 29th societies in Groton and Littleton to sponsor a presentation on "historic apples" on October 29 at the First Parish Church of Westford. John Bunker, a specialist on apples in New England, will provide insight into apple farms and farmers in this area. Watch for more details soon. FREE
- Saturday November 1 – Antique "Roudy" Show at the Roudenbush Community Center ( visit www.roudenbush.org for more details. The WHS Museum will be open for the afternoon from 12 noon – 2pm. Stop by and see local history
- Both the Friends of Parker Village School and the WHS will be celebrating the history of the Parker Village School at the Annual Parker Village School House Open House on Sunday, Nov 2.
- Wednesday, November 5 WHS Annual Meeting 7:15pm at the Museum List of other known events
- Parkervillemultimedia history lecture by Geoff Hall
- Self Guided Tour of Parker Village including the 4 H Grounds, Nashoba Ski Area, and Kimball Farm – May 2015 – watch for details
The Westford History Society is looking for old pictures and exhibit items that could be borrowed for this year of the Celebration of Parker Village, 4 H grounds, Nashoba Ski area and Kimballs. Contact us if you have items or photos to contribute!
The Westford Museum is open most Sundays of the year from 2-4 pm. Check schedule at the website for closings.
Like what we are doing? Become a member!