Harlan and Julia Knowlton bought and moved into the house at the northeast corner of Chamberlin and Hunt Roads in May 1919.  They had three daughters - Harlene, Gladys, and Priscilla.  Priscilla, born a month after they moved in, married Kenneth Hill in 1941, and together they carried on the orchard business begun by her father, Harlan Knowlton.  This became known as Hill's Orchards.  In 2000 the town of Westford bought the property and turned it over to the Conservation Commission.  Priscilla (Knowlton) Hill kindly loaned this photograph to the Westford Historical Society with the caption:  "Mother, driving Maude, taking us to Sunday school." . 

Previous Photo Westford Museum Next Photo