June 17, 1916 - New mail carrier appointed.
June 10, 1916 - Hon. Herbert E. Fletcher travels to Chicago as a Massachusetts delegate to Republican convention.
June 3, 1916 - Memorial Day observed with service, decoration of veterans' graves & Soldiers' Monument, dinner, & a concert on the Common.
May 27, 1916 - Grange honors Civil War veterans.
May 20, 1916 - Fletcher Library receives original 1774 "Solemn League and Covenant," signed by 207 Westford residents promising to boycott all British goods.
May 13, 1916 - Westford Boy Scouts Troop 1 hears talks on "camp hygiene" & bandaging, & takes hike to Crystal Lake in Chelmsford.
May 6, 1916 - Newly installed electric lights at Town Hall turned on for the first time for costume party and dance.
April 29, 1916 - Churches hold Easter services.
April 22, 1916 - Work on new Graniteville ball park continues, but it may not be completed till late summer.
April 15, 1916 - Children stage "The Marriage of Jack and Jill" before large audience at M.E. Church.
April 8, 1916 - The Woman's Christian Temperance Union votes to send an Easter box to a Boston settlement home for young women .
April 1, 1916 - C. G. Sargent adding a new boiler house to its shop.
March 25, 1916 - Frost School vacation is extended one week due to snowy road conditions.
March 18, 1916 - Two severe snowstorms disrupt branch line electric schedule, mail delivery, & apple shipments, & give birds a hard time.
March 11, 1916 - Athletic Association's concert & ball includes a chicken pie supper.
March 4, 1916 - Westford Academy seniors dance till midnight on a Tuesday evening at storm-delayed party.
February 26, 1916 - Local resident, a Boston and Maine railroad foreman, is found drowned in the mill pond.
February 19, 1916 - Town Meeting appoints committee to investigate building a fire station & accepts gift of land to establish a public dump.
February 12, 1916 - Tadmuck Club observes Lincoln's birthday with reading of an original tribute & singing of two old melodies.
February 5, 1916 - Republican & Democratic caucuses choose candidates for town offices.
January 29, 1916 - "Old-timers" attend the firemen's ball in Forge Village's Abbot's hall.
January 22, 1916 - A homemaker's course & Massachusetts Agricultural Extension school course are well-attended at Town Hall.
January 15, 1916 - The correct spelling of Nabnasset is discussed.
January 8, 1916 - C. G. Sargent's machine shop reduces schedule to 55 hours a week from 58 hours, with no pay reduction.
Older Wardsman articles